I’ve been a bad blogger. I’ve made some pretty fine suppers but I’ve not been taking pictures.
For instance, I made Yakisoba for supper tonight and it was delicious. I used a recipe that I found on the Just One Cookbook blog (you can find it here). If you love Japanese food but aren’t sure where to start, Nami Chen, who grew up in Japan, has shared many of her family’s recipes. I wish I’d taken a picture of our meal. It looked wonderful and tasted even better.
Lots of little bits of news to share, though:
- I have an update on my foot. I’m still in the boot/air cast until May 11th and there are several small fractures, but no Lysfranc fracture so no need for surgery.
- This past week, Jody and I had dinner with my “brother”, Bubba, when he came into town for a short work visit. Years ago I met him online and he was pretty shy about sharing his real name, so I just started calling him Bubba. We met on a Pogo.com (a game site) and before long were we convincing people we were brother and sister. Somewhere along the line we convinced each other and now over a decade later, I still call him my brother and he calls me Sis. I still call him Bubba even though I know his real name now. It’s payback for initially thinking I was an axe murderer.
- Jody and I will be starting a summer bowling league in June. It’s been about 20 years since we’ve bowled regularly and, easily, more than a decade since the last time I actually bowled at all. I’m really looking forward to that.
- Got the garden planted. We’ll be trying to grow tomatoes, bell peppers, spinach, potatoes, carrots, green onions and herbs.
- I’ve been sewing a bit and I’m looking forward to summer actually arriving and STAYING.
And that’s about all the news that’s fit to print.